Monday, April 20, 2009

"Are you single on vacation?"

Our vacation has become quite fun since getting on the airplane. First, the man sitting in the row in front of us on the plane took quite a fancy to us. He seemingly lives in Florida and "has a band," but doesn't know where he plays because he also "has a manager" who does all of his booking. He wanted us to come to his show, but doesn't know where he plays so he insisted on giving us his phone number. One of our most awkward moments in interacting with said creepy man is when he asked, "are you single on vacation?" from the row ahead of us. All the other people on the airplane were watching as this little episode unfolded because, well, why wouldn't you? Jess told him that she is kinda single then changed her story to "no, yeah I am." See Jess is confused about her current relationship with match.com and whether that precludes her from the non-internet dating pool. We're planning on working that out over dinner.

We successfully made it to the Yankee Clipper hotel, which from now on will be referred to as "The Clip." The Clip is a charming little establishment right on the beach, but we found out at about 3:45 that they only serve hot dogs until 3:30. This was seriously disappointing. We drank pina coladas and ate one banana each instead. The best thing about traveling with Jess is that she actually brings sour worms with her on vacation, so we're not starving. We need to sign off now because we are going to shower and go get seafood. Hopefully pictures will be coming soon!

6 comments:

  1. You're never 2old2bspringbreakin'! Have fun and I look forward to the updates. You are just as funny as Molly. Just don't tell her I said that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' this blog. It's bringing back so many memories of beautiful Fort Lauderdale. If you guys have time, maybe you can scope out a place for us all to live together in 50 years. That is the period of my life that I am most looking forward to. For reals.

    Also, I just checked out the beach cam (I have it bookmarked). The weather looks nice, in case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn! It must be a fake beach cam! The world is ending here in Ft. Lauderdale! (We will use our rental car today to look for houses)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I am allowed to answer this question seeing as I definitely found my future husband on vacation once.. I had *just* started seeing someone in real life, so I don't consider it cheating since nothing was really defined. I think if you can rationalize you way into being single on vacation, you ARE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I am wondering...who booked the hotel? No Mini Golf? Hot dogs only until 3??

    ReplyDelete