Our first full day in Fort Lauderdale is looking quite grim. A crash of thunder just shook the whole hotel and on top of that, we only have two sugar packets for the in-room coffee. Jessika got up at 4:30 in the morning because our air-conditioner is one that runs all night long. I wasn't with it enough to realize her intentions and I assumed she had gotten up to go for a jog. At that point I wasn't concerned, but if Jess's parents are reading this, please know that if I t
We went to sleep with big dreams for this morning because last night was junk. We walked down a very enjoyable beach drive. You might recall this particular avenue from a popular Vanilla Ice song in the early 90s, "A1A- Beach Front Avenue! Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis..." We finally settled on a place for a drink. All of the restaurants on this street have the same food and the same chairs in different colors. As the night progressed I saw a waiter from one restaurant go serve folks in one of the other restaurants down the street. What a scam. Jess and I opted for the 2 for 1 giant margarita special at the place with the teal pillows. To quote Jess, "that brings out the teal in your eyes." The margaritas were so syrupy and void of all alcohol that we ended up with "thick spit" and left at least a third of each on the table. We did make friends with the two men on a date at the table next to us. We also avoided the creepy cover band singer who was staring at us all night. I guess you would c
We were so stinking full from those margaritas that we didn't even want the seafood we had originally sought out. In the spirit of full disclosure, we walked back to the hotel bloated at 8:30pm and spent the rest of the evening on the computer creating Jess's match.com profile. There are actually quite a few cute guys, but Jess refuses to view them/contact them since she found out you can see who viewed your profile. Anyway, we went to sleep dreaming of waking up and lying on the beach. Dreams are meant to be broken.
Today we've rented a car to see what this city has to offer on a rainy day since our hotel doesn't even have miniature golf.
Objectives For The Trip
- eat chicken fingers
- dominoes
- mojitos
- "You in Ten"
- Suntan
- Golden Girls
- Blog
- Publix fried chicken
- match.com
- siesta
- grouper bites
- acoustic beach rock
- clubs/bars
- Beach Place
- South Beach
- Sea Aquarium
- Hard Rock (Jess's cousin works there)
- Call cousin
- brunch
- shrimp
- speak spanish
- wireless coffee shop
- rent bikes
*Note to the reader, if you are a teacher you are allowed to use this article as an example of quality use of text features.
Jess keeps talking about how sad she is so I have to go throw some sour worms at her on our way to pick up our rental.
i want to know what the "golden girls" objective entails. does it involve cheesecake?
ReplyDeletei think you all need more specific objectives than "south beach." just south beach could mean a whole lot of shit...
ReplyDelete1) I think Ali's right. I mean, are they measurable?
ReplyDelete2) How long exactly is this vacay?
I am soooo glad that you included this blog on your gmail, Kimber, because I am seriously laughing out loud at your posts and the comments. I do hope you have some fun and keep the rest of us on the edge of our seats to read all about it!
ReplyDelete